1. Definitions: The "hirer" shall mean the person, company, firm or other body taking the costumes on hire. The "costumes" are the garments, wigs, masks, bags, accessories, properties and other articles which All & Sundry agrees to hire to the hirer. The "hire period" is the period from the time the hirer takes possession of the costumes until the costumes are returned to All & Sundry.
2. Ownership of costumes: The costumes remain the property of All & Sundry. The hirer purchases only the limited right to use the costumes for the agreed hire period.
3. Payment of Hire Charges: Payment of the full cost of hiring the costumes is payable to All & Sundry by the hirer at the commencement of the hire period.
4. Security Deposits: A security deposit is also payable by the hirer to All & Sundry at the commencement of the hire period. This deposit shall be refunded to the hirer promptly upon return of the costumes in good condition. The deposit shall not form part of the assets of All & Sundry unless and until it is forfeited by the hirer failing to return the costumes in good condition on or before the date agreed.
5. Advance booking: Costumes may be booked up to six months in advance by leaving the security deposit at the time of booking. Booking means that All & Sundry will not offer the booked costume to anyone else on the agreed dates. All & Sundry will take all reasonable care to have the costume available on the agreed dates but will not be responsible for any losses or consequential losses if the costume is not available on the agreed dates.
6. Cancellations: The hirer may cancel a booking at any time up to and including the working day before the agreed collection date without penalty. All & Sundry reserve the right to charge for cancellations on the agreed collection date itself.
7. Returning costumes: The hirer is responsible for the costs of returning the costumes to All & Sundry on or before the date agreed.
8. Stained costumes: The hirer must take all reasonable steps to protect the costumes from loss or harm while during the hire period. Costumes are hired out in clean condition. If the costumes are found in the opinion of All & Sundry to be unreasonably soiled on return All & Sundry reserve the right to charge the hirer for all cleaning costs up to and including the replacement price of the costumes.
9. Lost or Damaged Costumes: The hirer will pay All & Sundry the replacement costs of all hired costumes lost during the hire period through whatever cause. Costumes are hired out undamaged. If the costumes are found to be damaged on return All & Sundry reserve the right to charge the hirer for all repair costs up to and including the replacement price of the costumes.
10. Late Return: All & Sundry reserves the right to charge additional hire for costumes not returned by the date agreed at a pro rata rate.
11. Alterations to costumes: The hirer may not alter or modify the costumes without the knowledge and consent of All & Sundry who may at their discretion refuse such consent or require additional payment.